Saturday, July 12, 2014

6-C-2 Skype
I love Skype! I first started using Skype when my youngest daughter went to college. It was so good to see her face and hear from her roommates and see her dorm room from far away. It gives a mom a little piece of mind!

Last night I Skyped with Amy from our class. Amy and I are in the same Wiki group and have communicated lots through e-mail and messages, but it was nice to actually see and hear her last night. It was great hearing her little dogs barking. Hearing about her terrible/horrible broken foot kind of week firsthand was so much better than reading about it. Amy got to meet my daughter, Allison. And, after all of that, we even talked about our wiki project and how to make it better.

In the future, I would like to use Skype in my classroom to have guest speakers. With small class sizes, it is hard getting speakers. If those people could be in their own offices, they could "show us around", let us see their office technology, and give us tips on their jobs. By using this technology, I think my students will gain a better knowledge of the "real world" of office administration.

No comments:

Post a Comment