Saturday, June 21, 2014

3-B-2
Well, it looks like I have a lot of work to do on my Internet Essentials class. In this class I have them create blogs, but I didn't have a great way for them to learn about RSS feeds. I really liked The Old Reader. I think I will have them do a project there since the Google Reader has been discontinued.

In my Intro to Office Support class, each student is required to give an oral report on technology. This semester I will have them subscribe to an RSS feed on that subject as part of the assignment. I think this will be a great way for them to learn about blogs.

I know a lot of people create blogs when going through an illness at caringbridge.org. This saves them time in communicating what is happening to lots of people individually. My daughter had a fellow dance student who was blind and went to China for stem cell injections. Her mom updated us with pictures of Claire and her nurses every day. The girls all sent messages of encouragement. I think this is a great use of a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment