Wednesday, June 11, 2014

As you can tell, this is my "blog of blogs" that I use for my CIS 164 Internet Essentials class. In Tutorial 5 of this class, my students learn about user-generated content on the web. I require them to create a blog using blogger.com much like we are doing in this class.

I can see the read/write web affecting my classroom in many ways. Some of the web 2.0 tools I use in class are:

  • YouTube (mostly to view videos in class although I have posted videos in the past)
  • Prezi to create interactive slides to enhance my lecture classes
  • Wordle word clouds for introductions at the beginning of the semester
  • Wikis to teach vocabulary from my chapters and for class reflections
  • Google sites to create ePortfolios
My college students enjoy all of these activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment